Ovation Show Choir is holding auditions for girls entering 7th & 8th grade for Ovation Training 2013-14 season on Wednesday, June 26 at 1819 NW Everett St., Portland. Contact email@example.com to schedule an audition time. Girls should prepare a 1-minute song to be sung unaccompanied. Eligible girls will demonstrate confidence as a soloist and ability to sing in harmony.
- Purchase photos from the concert! http://www.peterpaulrubens.com/clients/client-galleries/
- MONDAY, May 20, 2013, 6:00 p.m. at the Delores Winningstad Theatre of the Portland Center for Performing Arts, downtown Portland, Main and Broadway. Tickets $22 for adults and $12 for children (plus service charge). Concert and Silent Auction.
- Hear all of the choirs of Portland Boychoir and Ovation – individually and together – in one spectacular concert. Timeless gems by George M. Cohan and Irving Berlin will be heard as well as current hits by Bruno Mars and Carrie Underwood. Here the 2013 winners of “Portland’s Singing Sensation,” Carly Lewis, Lexie Holum, and Matthew Snyder. The program includes moving graduation ceremonies for our High School seniors, Ovation Training, and boys who will be advancing into their next level of achievement.
- Sunday, May 5, 2013, 6:00 p.m. at New Thought Center for Spiritual Living. $15 for adults; children free. Featuring Ovation and Ovation Training.
- Wow, this has been a fun program to record and to present! In all our years, “Look Through My Eyes” is the most collaborative project to date. Even the title of the CD was chosen by consensus. Each of Ovation’s singers recommended several songs that they would enjoy singing with the group. David sifted through the material, put together the program, and arranged the vocals. The result is a hugely-varied program of current and vintage pop that showcases the strengths of each singer. The 80-minute CD captures the spirit and sound of Ovation.
- Set List: Look Through My Eyes, Phil Collins; Smile, Uncle Kracker; September, Earth Wind and Fire; Your Song, Elton John; Bottle It Up; Sara Bareilles; Dark Side, Kelly Clarkson; The Way I Am, Ingrid Michaelson; Mummer’s Dance, Loreena McKennitt; I’ll Be Waiting, Adele; Black Horse and the Cherry Tree, KT Tunstall; The Longest Time, Billy Joel; Everybody, Ingrid Michaelson; Hurt, Christina Aguilera; You’ve Got a Friend, James Taylor; Safe and Sound, Taylor Swift; Let It Be, The Beatles; Over the Rainbow, Eva Cassidy; Don’t Know Why, Norah Jones; Waiting for the World to Change, John Mayer; Your Life Is Now, John Mellencamp.
- Hot off the press, this stunning compilation will be available for purchase at Ovation’s concert on Sunday, May 5, 2013. $15 per CD, or $40 for three, or $50 for 4.
Purple! Red, yesterday. Purple, now! Purple logo and new performance attire. Ovation’s wardrobe will be unified through a purple color scheme but the clothes themselves have been tailored in fit and style for each individual. The new look is kind of a metaphor for one of Ovation’s key features – to highlight the unique qualities of each member within the group. We’re all soloists, and we all sing harmony in support of each other – so now our clothes help illustrate the collaborative nature of our play together. Distinct and together. That’s us. Ovation!
Woo hoo! Ovation has a new website. Check it out. www.ovationshowchoir.org. Photos, upcoming events, audition info, and a tailored-made brand for Ovation Show Choir – Teens Singing Pop, Rock, and Soul. Interested? Call us: 503-697-SING.